Wednesday, August 12, 2009

WW suffers worst regular season loss of the year...

It's actually our first regular season loss of the year. I do feel somewhat responsible for mentioning the quest for a perfect season in my last post. Either way you slice it, it was a bad loss. I know we went into the game with a laid back approach that win or loss we still had the championship, but I just hat losing to AA. Actually I don't think since I've been playing that we ever had lost to AA. I do enjoy seeing us flip the lineup and have the outfield in the infield and vice-versa, I really look forward to these types of games. I just wish it was some other team. WW started out kinda soft giving up 8 runs in the first as AA peppered the right side and to their credit, hit the ball really well in the first. WW was unable to get anything going in the following innings but tighten the defense up a little. Jay and Rik made some nice sprawling plays to rob basehit linedrives. Brian twisted a 5UA-3 double play at third. We were able to string together some runs but a horrible effort by the back end of the lineup made it difficult to extend rallies. The anchor of the bottom of the lineup was Byron who had an oughfer night at the plate. Nice job... Boner of the week for you. The player of the week will have to go to Mike Carroll for bringing a woman back to life while on a business trip. This is not some kind of euphemism, this lady was dragged from the bottom of a pool by Mike himself and wasn't breathing. Mike and another good Samaritan administered CPR and got this woman breathing minutes before the paramedics arrived. We will have more on this story in a later post. On a side note, I just misspelled paramedic and the spell check suggested spermicidal. I assumes that is what it sounds like, but I am still failing to understand this term. I digress. WW was able to keep from being run ruled with a three run rally but time ran out on the dream of a perfect season. 14-8 was the final. Some of the WW team will be competing in the Summer EOS tournament but we are still working the details out about whether this team will feature the WW name or the Tuesday Night Development team name Strikeforce. Either way we will be roasting our asses off this Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment