Thursday, July 19, 2007

Is there anyone we can't run rule?

Somehow, amidst the many thunderstorms that rolled through North Texas on Friday, Heritage
Yards in Plano was spared. WW softball was able to hit the field and the bar after dropping the Buttcrack Johnnies 13 – 1 in 5 innings. At least I think it was five. Hell I don’t know. I was too excited about ending a 4 week beer/wings drought. At least I think it was 4 weeks. Hell I don’t know. I was too excited about being able to eat beer/wings. Pete Bergan gets the player of the week honors for pitching/playing 4 innings on a bruised kneecap. And now for the Trojan Boner of the week… And it goes to Pete Bergan (Pictured to the right) for getting a bruised kneecap. Although this injury happed in a game before ours, Pete still gets the nod. On a hot line drive back up the middle, Pete reacted too quickly and swiped at the ball early leaving his knee cap exposed and you can assume what happened after that. Other than that I didn’t really take too many notes from the game but Ralph Starr put a burn notice on the left fielder and Rik made a hell of a catch on a looping line drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment